Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The King of Torts

I just finished reading John Grisham's The King of Torts (that I borrowed from Sheryza). I have to say it was a very good read.
I am a novel addict. Give me any novel and I'll eat it up as fast as I can unless it's really dumb like The Devil Wears Prada. It was so dumb I couldn't even go past the third page.

I'm not saying all John Grisham's books are good, but most of them are. Out of all his novels, the best of the best were A Time to Kill and The Pelican Brief. Those and others really left a print on my life.

Back to The King of Torts. I was so into the novel that I was dreaming about lawyers and settlements and money and yachts, and everything. One morning my husband was waking me for Fajer after I stayed up til 2 in the morning reading it, and I was so tired I slept while I was sitting up in the bed, and I had a dream: I was kind of aware that I was sitting up and that I was tired, and I told myself, if the clients want me they should come to me. I'm gonna sleep now. And so I put my head back down and sleapt. Astaghfirulla!
My husband (knowing my ways) came back and said: "I thought you said your getting up"?
Lo0o0oL. I was about to tell him about my clients and plaintiffs, but I remembered that I'm not in America, but in Saudi and I should get up quickly before the shaytan pees in my ears!

I have another John Grisham right here: The Testament, (also from Sheryza) and I'm ready to read it. Sometimes it's better to let the story sink in. Especially if the end was shocking, like in Harlan Coben's novels. I'll talk about his books on another post inshallah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your crazy woman!!!no more John Grisham books for you...hmmmm maybe I will have to keep the one I just recently finished reading...I don't know if you can handle such a novel.

Cappuccino said...

No0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

plzzzzzzzzzzzz

pretty plzzzzzzzzzzz

gimmi, gimmi
plzzzzzzzzz